Gina Lawless Books

March 28, 2012

The Greatest Pleasure in Life is Doing What People Say You Cannot Do

Filed under: Publishing — Gina Lawless @ 6:01 pm
Tags: , ,

This title is one of my favorite quotes. It speaks volumes of my journey through many years of life, and it does give me great pleasure to be able to prove those people wrong. I’m 100% sure that 100% of you out there are the same way. Well, maybe just 99%. The other 1% just don’t give a damn.

This post goes along with the one I wrote on support from family and friends too.

Even though it makes me angry for someone to tell me I can’t do something, it also makes me more determined. If I tell myself I can’t do something…well…that’s a different story altogether.

Last weekend, I uploaded Harbinger of the Light, Sage’s Legacy in Smashwords and right now it’s going through their Meatgrinder, so it can be distributed through Sony, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Amazon, Apple, Diesel, and Baker-Taylor. I am going through my own meatgrinder as well. I am anxious, nervous, my palms are sweaty, and I can’t sit still. I want it up and going, so I can promote it, and myself as a writer. Until then, I’m stuck in limbo with sweaty palms.

I would have done the self-publishing thing sooner had I known about it…back when I was still submitting my manuscripts to publishing houses. But, who know that the ebook industry would take off like it did?

Advertisements

Leave a Comment »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: